Halloween can be a fun time to experiment with bold and dramatic makeup looks, but if you’re someone who isn’t a fan of looking like a clown, witch, ghost, or zombie for Halloween (but you still want to play around with a costume!) look to your regular makeup bag and you may just find a few essentials which can help you create a simple yet elegant Halloween makeup look. Simple looks like cat Halloween makeup, mouse Halloween makeup, or this spider web makeup can be created in just a few easy steps.
Spider Web Halloween Makeup Steps
Prep the Face
Prior to creating the spider web makeup look start by evening out the skin tone. Firstly, prime the skin with La Base Pro Primer, this will help to smooth over any texture on the skin and also assist in increasing the longevity and wear time of your makeup. Follow up by applying a layer of Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation in a shade that matches your skin tone. You can apply with either your brush, fingers, or a sponge depending on your desired level of coverage. With a flawless natural matte finish that provides up to 24 hours of full coverage without feeling or looking cakey or heavy it works as a great base for your Halloween makeup.
If needed you may like to apply additional coverage using Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Concealer. The lightweight full coverage formula is suitable for a variety of different areas of the face including under the eyes, on breakouts, and on areas of discoloration or redness.
For a little extra glamour and definition to the face apply Dual Finish Highlighter on to the highest points of the face – focusing on the tops of the cheekbones and the very tip of the nose.
Create Your Spider Makeup Look for Halloween
Rather than just sticking with eyeliner and drawing a web on your face, you can also incorporate elements of eyeshadow and color into your makeup look. To start – experiment with a range of shimmering eyeshadows to bring light and color to your eyes. Try creating your own smokey eyeshadow look to add another layer of glam to your Halloween makeup look.
• Firstly prep the eyelids by applying Prime It Boost It Eyeshadow Primer – this is a vital step which will ensure the longevity of your eye makeup, prevent creasing and intensify the color of any other eyeshadow shades you use.
• Once the eyeshadow primer has set take a small amount of Color Design Eyeshadow in the shade Click on a small crease brush to contour the creases of the eyes. Blend the shade into the crease well and also smudge the contour shade over the lower lashline to create a subtle shadow.
• Using a combination of both your brushes and your fingertips create a shimmering purple eyeshadow look using Hypnôse Palette in Reflet D'améthyste. Apply the middle shimmering lilac shade over the eyelids using your fingertips for the most intense color pay off.
• With a small brush blend the 2nd darkest purple shade over the outer third of the eyelids. Smudge a small amount of this shade along the lower lash line to add extra definition to the eyes.
• Using a small pencil brush apply the darkest shade in the palette into the crease of the eyes and along the lower lash lines.
• To add highlight and shimmer to the eyes, apply the lightest shimmering shade just to the inner corners of the eyes. This will add a beautiful highlight and help to make the eyes look bigger.
• Line the lower waterline with Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner in the shade Erika F. This pale shimmering shade will tie in the rest of the eyeshadow shades together for a cohesive look whilst also adding shimmer to the waterline (which can also help to make the eyes look bigger).
Draw the Spider Web Eyeliner
After you’ve created a beautiful eyeshadow look it’s time for the most important part of the look – the spider web effect. Using Drama-Liqui Pencil Eyeliner will ensure your spider web makeup look lasts throughout the festivities without smudging or fading. Once the eyeliner is set, the long-wearing and waterproof formula lasts for up to 24 hours.
• Start by lining the upper lash line of the eyes in a winged eyeliner shape. Also eyeliner into the inner corner of the eyes following the shape of the tear duct. This will help to elongate the eyes and create a more dramatic shape.
• Carefully start to draw your spider web eyeliner. Start by drawing a cluster of small lines and then draw longer liners to connect them together in a spider web eyeliner shape. It helps to look at an inspiration picture you can copy off of or work from whilst drawing this shape.
• Now, carefully start to draw your spider web eyeliner – and no, you don’t have to be an artist to apply this look, it’s easy! Start by drawing a cluster of small lines. Next, draw longer liners to connect them together in a spiderweb shape. It may help to look at an inspiration picture while you’re working to help guide the shape.
• After you’ve created your spider web eyeliner, be sure to finish off the look with 1–2 coats of your favorite mascara. For this look, we like Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascarabecause it’s formulated to give lashes a look of up to 12x more volume than natural lashes. It gives a big and bold false lash effect so you can enjoy the look of falsies without the fuss. For even more dramatic lashes try layering Cils Booster XL Lash Primer underneath.
Add the Finishing Touches to Your Spider Web Eyeliner Makeup Look
To ensure the spider makeup look lasts all evening, spritz the face with Fix It Forget It Setting Spray – our lightweight makeup setting spray which helps to increase the wear time of makeup and leaves skin hydrated and shine-free for up to 24 hours, making it perfect for long Halloween parties.
For the lips apply Drama Ink Liquid Lipstick in the shade 274. A deep warm brown with subtle red tones -- this shade complements the purple eyeshadow and dramatic eyeliner without overpowering the look.