Few things in beauty are actually one-size-fits-all. Some people prefer more pigment; others choose curling mascara over a lengthening formula every time. From time to time, though, certain makeup products go above and beyond to deliver everything one could possibly need in one all-star formula — and Lancôme Skin Feels Good Skin Nourishing Foundation is one of them.
We’re not just biased. It’s a foundation makeup that does it all — which might explain why it’s an influencer favorite. Let’s start with what it does for your skin. The tinted moisturizer is enriched with hyaluronic acid, a humectant that draws moisture into skin and can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water, to deliver lasting hydration while still being a breathable, lightweight foundation.
It also contains moringa seed extract, which is naturally rich in antioxidants.1 Antioxidants defend and repair skin against free radical damage and environmental pollutants — so this moisturizing foundation offers extra perks for skin. And because the formula is oil-free, it’s a good foundation for oily skin, and you don’t have to worry about it clogging pores.
To recap: This tinted moisturizer both hydrates and nourishes skin, making skin, well, feel good (and look it, too). As an SPF foundation, it also keeps skin protected from both UVA and UVB rays with broad-spectrum protection of SPF 23. That means you can go outdoors knowing you’re covered — but without it feeling chalky or heavy.
Clearly, it’s great for skin, but it’s also a makeup product in its own right. To that end, the buildable formula offers a lot of versatility. Because the tinted moisturizer gives skin that effortless “no makeup” makeup look, it’s ideal for the summertime or the weekend — that is, when you’re not going for a “look,” per se, but still want skin to look like your skin, but better. That’s the beauty of a lightweight foundation with a radiant finish. You can also layer it on for a more “baked” look, a.k.a. skin looks super-smooth and completely flawless, for a night out. It all depends on how you apply foundation. If you need a refresher for it, look no further.
How to Apply Lancôme Skin Feels Good Foundation
- Prep and moisten skin by applying a radiance-enhancing serum, such as Advanced Génifique Face Serum
- Apply your Skin Feels Good Foundation according to the coverage you’re seeking. Here’s our cheat sheet:
- For sheer coverage, like a tinted moisturizer: Apply Skin Feels Good foundation to the center of your face and blend outwards evenly
- For medium coverage, like a lightweight foundation: Dot the desired amount of cream foundation onto your forehead, cheeks, and chin, then blend evenly.
- For full-coverage foundation makeup: Use the medium coverage method. Then, apply extra Skin Feels Good to the areas desired and lightly use your fingers or a dampened makeup sponge to “press” it into skin.
- Apply Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer where needed to diffuse the look of blemishes, imperfections or dark circles.
- Apply a makeup setting powder or face powder to set if needed.