You'll be the chicest little kitty to cross people's path on Halloween night.

Pretty Kitty: Last Minute Makeup for a Chic Halloween!

When it comes to Halloween costumes, I’m almost always scrambling to throw something together last minute. If like me you’ve been busy with work and the festivities have crept up on you to find you unprepared, here’s a last minute makeup idea to get you all dolled up. Whether you’re off to a party or sticking around to greet trick-or-treaters, with just two of my favorite Lancôme products and a bit of artistry you can be a chic little kitty just in time for Halloween. Here’s how…

Paris Rendezvous

Step 1: Cat Eyes — Now is the time to get dramatic with your Artliner! The secret to serious cat eyes is to also line the lower eyes and the inside corners to point downward. At the other end, where you usually draw on sleek little wings, triple the size for a more exaggerated look. I added a bit of extra definition to mine with a few shades from my Auda[city] palette too, and few swipes of mascara.

Step 2: The Nose — Using Artliner again, draw on a cute little cat nose. Outline it first in the shape of a heart at the tip of your nose, then color it in all the way underneath down the bridge of your nostrils.

Step 3: Kitty Whiskers — Three or four on each side will do. They’re as easy as a flick of the wrist outward from the nose with Artliner again, then add a few dots just below.

Step 4: Lips — The trick to getting the perfect pout for this look is to make your lips appear more narrow. You might want to add a bit of your regular foundation to the outer corner to disguise them. Then, take a shade your favorite shade of red or pink L’Absolu Rouge and with a lip brush, shape a heart following the points of your upper lip.

I threw on my favorite black lace cat ears from the Parisian hat company, Maison Michel, that I bought at their atelier on Rue Cambon. They’re a fun little accessory I keep around all year just for this reason. But even if you don’t have some cute cat ears at hand, no fear! Tousle your hair a bit and throw it up into two messy little top knots a top your head to mimic cat ears. Finish off your costume with your favorite chunky necklace just like a collar, et voilà! You’ll be the chicest little kitty to cross people’s path on Halloween night.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites