…grown-ups get a break from the usual responsibilities too.

Fête Foraine: A Summer Treat in the Tuileries

One of the best things about Paris in the summertime is that everyone gets to feel like a kid again. It’s not just the students that are off the hook for a while. As work slows down and vacation commences, grown-ups get a break from the usual responsibilities too. And to make up for all of the regular spots that might close for the month of les grandes vacances, city hall sets up seasonal activities to keep us entertained. One of my favorite is the fête foraine in the Tuileries…

Paris Rendezvous

Fête foraine means fun fair in English, and while stateside they aren’t really my thing, this cute carnival à la française is something I look forward to every August. You don’t have to go far to take part. In fact, you’ll find it smack dab in the center of the city in the 1st arrondissement, setup on the edge of the gorgeous Tuileries. Our first stop is always the swings. There is nothing quite like flying over Paris, round and round with a bird’s eye view of the gardens, the Louvre museum, and all the way to the Eiffel Tower on the Left Bank. From high in the sky you feel as though you could reach out and grab it! It’s such an adrenaline rush. But the fun doesn’t stop there, as there are tons of games, rides, and barbe à papa (cotton candy!) to fill up a Parisian afternoon.

Since summer in the city is all about letting loose, I say pull out the pink. The rest of the year Paris is busy being chic and sophisticated. But August is all about kicking back and feeling casual for fun in the sun. So there’s no better time than now to paint on a hot pink Rosa Bonheur shade of Vernis in Love. Finish off your look with Color Design lipstick in Poodle Skirt pink like me and you’re ready for summer in the city!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites