This stunning red hue with a hint of orange and a dash of pink borders on classic and daring.

A Hint of Cayenne Warms Up a Parisian Classic

For each of us with our respective cities, there are certain things, big or small, reoccurring and inspiring us. Paris possesses enough detail to design a collection around each corner you cross.

Yet it’s often the overall lightness of its white buildings and grey-blue rooftops that are said to encourage the average inhabitant to contrast it with a somber Parisian palette of dress. Personally, even after a half decade here, the California girl in me still refuses to shy away from color. I see the city’s brightest corners as my greatest wardrobe inspirations.

Cayenne

This season cayenne keeps catching my eye, from the occasional historic façade of a bakery, to a row of café chairs, to a beautiful shade of lipstick on a chic passerby. This stunning red hue with a hint of orange and a dash of pink borders on classic and daring. Which is exactly how I’ve decided to wear this currently trending color. Enter the trench, an iconic French wardrobe staple most commonly found in shades of khaki and grey. I figure midwinter, the city has enough shades of grey under the cover of cold and clouds. I’d rather complement its more colorful side whenever I can. So I’ve been stepping out with a different take on this Parisian look, in that very bold shade of cayenne, warming up my wardrobe and the streets of Paris now. There’s no better way to accessorize such a statement piece than with shades of lipstick as vibrant as Lancôme’s Color Design in Fearless or L’Absolu Rouge in Rouge Caprice.

My what-to-wear item of choice is actually an heirloom. My grandmother purchased this beautiful cayenne suede trench coat in Beverly Hills in the 1970s, wearing it many ways before passing it on to my mom. Somehow over the years this beautiful statement piece made its way here to live with me. Surely they didn’t imagine back then it would end up making a style statement in Paris. I guess it’s only fitting though to somehow merge these places yet again. It seems to be my way…

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites