Each year I think 'wouldn’t it be magic if our trees were pink all year round? If they just stayed this way?'

Le Temps des Cerises: A Moment to Treasure!

I had been watching and waiting anxiously for our cherry blossoms to bloom here in Paris. It’s a special moment every Spring that I remember each year as I stop to photograph and marvel at them everyday for as long as they last.

There are several clusters of them throughout the city, and when they bloom each April they’re like pink clouds floating in a Paris sky. We sit underneath them shaded from the sun and bathed in their delicate pink light, like an official festival of Spring we’re all drawn to.

Their delicate little blooms spring forth so quickly, a sheer force of nature, only to fall and be blown away with the wind a week or so after. We all know the cherry blossoms go as fast as they come. In a matter of a week or so they appear and disappear, pushed off their branches by the budding green leaves of the tree. Each year I think “wouldn’t it be magic if our trees were pink all year round? If they just stayed this way?” But nature has its plans and its lessons I think. Its the ephemeral nature of the blossoms that make us stop and appreciate them because we know the moment is precious. The kind that only comes around so often and thus we savour every minute of it while it lasts. Le temps des cerises, as we call it in French, teaches us to treasure each moment because before we know it, it will be gone.

Paris Rendezvous

I used to believe in the signature fragrance of a woman. That once you find the right one, it’s something you wear everyday. But now I’m not so sure. Some moments are special, days or weeks that just aren't like the rest. And so one quiet morning this week I found myself reaching for a scent I hadn’t smelled in a while. Doused in a bit of Trésor, I was off to visit the Parc de Sceaux and sit beneath this year’s cherry blossoms. A special scent for a special day that will always recall a morning beneath the cherry blossoms. A reminder to me to treasure these magic moments in life before they slip away…

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites