The reality is though that fashion isn’t always as accessible as we would like.

The Runway the Real Way: My Paris Fashion Week Makeup

Fashion Week has come around again in Paris and as usual, it’s such an exciting and inspiring time. I love to see the looks that come down the runway each season as my favorite French designers showcase their new collections. Each time I find myself lusting after new trends in hopes of wearing them soon.

The reality is though that fashion isn’t always as accessible as we would like. With beautiful design and craftsmanship often comes a pretty price tag that can easily break the bank for the average woman. But the challenge to be clever and find ways to recreate my favorite looks always excites me. One of my favorite ways to do so is with makeup.

Fashion week for me is filled with networking, meetings, odd jobs behind the scenes and more. It’s important for me to dress to impress and look and feel in style. But there’s no need to own my favorite looks from the runway to do so. The color stories, textures, shapes, and patterns from the Parisian runways can be reinterpreted and captured with a bit of makeup artistry. Throughout fashion week I’ve been referring to my favorite snapshots from the Spring runways as I do my makeup, infusing elements from my favorite looks into my ensemble du jour with the flick of a brush and the swipe of some lipstick.

Paris Rendezvous

One of my favorite faces this week was inspired by a peach silk look designed by Cedric Charlier. The colors felt warm and welcoming for spring. The texture and cuts were light and airy, and a bit of bronze metallics in the shoes and jewellery completed it with the perfect accents. It inspired me to create a wearable daytime look that was still fashion forward. Blush Subtil Shimmer in Blushing Trésor gave me intense color for sweet cheeks. L’absolu Rouge in Fleur Impressioniste created luscious lips. Color Design Infinité Eye Shadow in Perpetual Pink with a heavy application from the lash line to the brow, and bit under the eye created soft yet bright eyes. And that touch of bronze? Le Stylo Waterproof long lasting eyeliner in Bronze helped define the eyes to complete the look with smokey corners.

Et voilà! My wardrobe basics were all dressed up for my fashion week rendez-vous of the day with my runway the real way makeup look. I hope you’ll be inspired to recreate some of your favorite runway looks this season with your makeup too!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites