This iconic French car has been around since it was created to replace horse drawn carriages

The Scenic Route

So often here during our rendez-vous, I say Paris is the most beautiful city in the world. It is in my eyes at least. But I have to wonder, “Do I show you enough?”

I thought it was about time I take you on a little tour of some of the city’s greatest monuments. What better way to whisk you around Paris than in the back of a vintage French Deux Chevaux with a driver who knows Paris’s scenic route like the back of his hand! Enter Paris Authentic and our driver du jour, Arno, who will pick us up for a sunny morning drive.

First stop, Bastille! Here we join Arno and meet the patriotic red white and blue painted Deux Chevaux. This iconic French car has been around since it was created to replace horse drawn carriages for farmers in the countryside. There is no road this little vehicle can’t handle, and they were built to last which is why you see many still on the road today in Paris. At the foot of the historic Bastille we hop into the back seat. There was once a prison here, but during the French revolution the people stormed it and tore it down, eventually replacing it with the large obelisk at its center today, creating a monument of the revolution.

Paris Rendezvous

Onward we go crossing over from the Right Bank to Left Bank via the charming Île de la Cité in the middle of the Seine river. Heading west we pass Les Invalides, the beautiful gold domed building where thousands of wounded military men were once looked after. Today it is a museum, and home to the tomb of the great French conqueror, Napoleon Bonaparte!

Not far away, we soon reach the Eiffel Tower, perhaps the most iconic structure in the world and the symbol of Paris! Passing by we stop for a while and marvel at it from afar. We drive closer for a better perspective of just how tall is, looking up through transparent ceiling of our Deux Chevaux overwhelmed by its sheer size!

Returning to the Right Bank, we approach the beautiful Arc de Triumphe. The ornate arch was constructed to honor the brave French soldiers that lost their lives in the revolution and Napoleonic wars. It is also one of the craziest roundabouts in the world, a swirling free-for-all of cars! But Arno is calm, cool, and collected, turn about several times for a good look.

Onward and upward we go to the beautiful village on the hill. Montmarte is home to the artists and free spirits of the city who love its sweeping views. We complete our tour at the foot of the Sacré Coeur church, with a minute to spare to powder my nose for a photo op or two before making our way home!

Now can you see why I think Paris is the most beautiful city in the world? Mais oui!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites