Once you have this classic recipe down, there is no limit to the ways you can serve up French crêpes

CULINARY CLASS: How to Make Classic French Crêpes!

One does not need to attend the prestigious Cordon Bleu academy in Paris to learn how to serve up a delicious dish from France!

In every French chef’s repertoire is a classic crêpe recipe. Sweet or savory from morning to night, there is no wrong way to serve them. That is as long as you follow this one rule: don't break the crêpe! That takes a little bit of practice. But I’ve done my fair share in my little Paris kitchen over the years, so I think I’m qualified to teach you this classic French recipe on Paris Rendez-Vous this week. Shall we begin?

You will need...
• 3 ⅓ cups of flour
• ¼ cup of melted butter
• 6 eggs
• a pinch of salt
• a glass of milk
• a large non-stick pan
• a whisk, ladle and spatula

Paris Rendezvous

MIX — In a large bowl combine the flour and salt, giving them a nice stir. In separate bowl beat the eggs until they are mixed well. Add the melted butter and stir, then pour the liquid into your dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add milk as necessary until your batter is runny but not watered down.

COOK — Preheat the large frying pan on the stove just below medium heat. Butter the pan and then pour one full ladle of batter into it. With the bottom of your ladle, start at the centre and spread the batter out evenly in gentle circular motions. Once the batter solidifies showing tiny bubbles, very delicately loosen the crêpe from the pan and flip it over. Before long, it’s ready!

SERVE — Let your crêpes cool for several minutes before garnishing them to your liking and serving. For breakfast, I like to top mine off with some homemade confiture that’s as easy as slicing your favourite seasonal fruit and simmering it with honey in a pan. For lunch or dinner, heat up your crêpes on the stove with some ham, cheese, and a sliced tomato. And for dessert, sprinkle them with sugar and a squeeze of lemon before topping them off with a bit of ice cream.

Once you have this classic recipe down, there is no limit to the ways you can serve up French crêpes easily at any time of day from your very own kitchen. Bon appétit!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites