Each arrondissement is responsible for decorating the quartier for the holidays

Christmas in Paris

This year the holidays are extra special for me. I’ve decided to forego the annual trip back to the states and stay in town for my very first Parisian Christmas.

Paris Rendezvous

Growing up in California, each year at this time my family would pile in the car and drive from neighborhood to neighborhood to see all the house’s Christmas lights. Flash forward many years and my city has changed, but old traditions can be reinvented for new places. My mom just arrived in Paris to spend the holiday with me, and instead of our annual drive, we took to the city by foot to see all the Christmas lights. All bundled up in a cozy coat of course and Lancôme’s eye brightening Hypnôse Dazzling in gold for some truly festive eye makeup .

In Paris, the local government of each twenty arrondissements is responsible for decorating the quartier for the holidays, so as you stroll between neighborhoods the decorations change. Each street is draped with different twinkle lights, lined with trees covered in different bulbs, and local monuments illuminated in festive colors. It is truly magic which must be why many people choose to visit Paris at this time of year. I’m so happy about spending my first Christmas in the City of Lights that I just had to share the magic of it with all of you.

La Grande Roue — Each December the giant ferris wheel known as La Grande Roue in French returns to Place de La Concorde. A few spins around on it offers breathtaking views over Paris from high in the sky!
Les Grands Magasins — The unveiling of Galeries Lafayette and Printemps’ department store holiday windows is always festive. It’s a must do each season for Parisians to stop by and see the animated Christmas and winter scenes they’ve dreamed up.
Marché de Noël des Champs-Elysées — Europe is famous for its Christmas markets, selling an array of goods and also serving delicious treats. Paris’s best is on the Champs-Elysées, and a great place to stroll and cozy up at night for a hot spiced wine, candied apple, or crepes.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites