Paris begs to be walked, one neighborhood (and museum) at a time.

“Paris—City of Light and Love”

There's something about Paris that is alluring to so many. I loved the way this article "City of Light and Love" has captured that in such a romantic way. It reminds me how lucky I am to be here, and I hope you find it inspiring, too...

Paris: City of Light & Love
A pair of lovers is strolling along the River Seine when 20,000 twinkling bulbs jolt the Eiffel Tower to life, illuminating the night sky. A couple share a kiss as they glide beneath the Pont Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris, aboard a Bateaux-Mouches sightseeing boat. In this glorious city, romantic things happen everywhere, virtually every second of the day. Over the years, Paris’ unremitting beauty (a cleaning project has reintroduced major sparkle to its centuries-old facades) and artistic ethos have lured everyone from authors to musicians. The flower-and-fountain-filled Luxembourg Gardens feel purposely built for trysting, and the labyrinth of Parisian streets will transport your soul straight into a photograph. With a Michelin-star-studded dining scene and gilded palace hotels, Paris is the ultimate seductress among European cities.

City of Light

Dreamy days
Paris begs to be walked, one neighborhood (and museum) at a time. Stroll past the patisseries, boulangeries and chocolatiers of Saint-Germain-des-Prés on the way to the Beaux-Arts-style Musée d’Orsay; on another day, check out the hip shops and eateries of the Marais, the old Jewish quarter (pop into Vintage, a thrift store on rue des Rosiers with fantastic finds), on your way to the intimate Musée Picasso. Also making a splash on the Parisian arts scene is the Musée du Quai Branly, a celebration of world culture set along the Seine (tip: Go on a Thursday evening; it stays open until 9:30 p.m., and you can dine outside at the Panoramic Restaurant). Wander Les Jardins des Tuileries and visit the newly reopened Musée de l’Orangerie, where you will literally be surrounded by Monet’s masterpiece Les Nymphéas. Other musts: the just reopened Musée des Arts Décoratifs, showcasing fabulous furniture and ceramics, and the Musée du Louvre, the palatial home of the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo and 35,000 other works.

Unforgettable nights
Slip past the city’s glittering bridges and monuments on a dinner cruise with Bateaux Parisiens, where the scenery is almost upstaged by the menu (duck foie gras with roast peach chutney). Many of the hippest night spots are inside hotels: People-watch in the art-filled bar at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

Reprinted with permission from Brides.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites