Opera Garnier…is one of the most beautiful and ornate buildings in the world.

DRESSING UP FOR THE OPÉRA GARNIER!

How often do you have the occasion to dress up and do something glamorous? It seems in the modern age these occasions are less and less. But one of the things I love about living in Paris is one can always find an occasion worthy of a gorgeous dress, heels, and makeup. One such occasion is the Opera.

Paris has two Opera houses. Both located on the right bank, the Opéra Bastille lies in the more contemporary east of Paris. The mise-en-scene of the operas and ballets performed here often follow this more modern approach in their interpretations. In the west, the historic Opera Garnier stands in all its glory as one of the most beautiful and ornate buildings in the world. It is a beacon of glamour and ceremony of ages past. Today its doors remain open and curtains pulled, for all those who still revel in its elaborate architecture and presentations that fill it.

Paris Rendez-vous

Several years ago I had the pleasure of attending the Opera Bastille, but seeing an opera or ballet at the more famous Opera Garnier has remained on my bucket list. I’ve always felt it’s important to save some experiences to look forward too. After six years in Paris, I’ve done so many incredible things but this was a moment I waited on to enjoy.

When I finally decided to go recently on a special night, I savored every element of it. From getting ready that evening to taking a seat in its famous burgundy balconies beneath Marc Chagall’s painted ceiling, to the moment the curtains drew to a close.

The Opera Garnier is an incredible experience I recommend everyone to add to their Paris bucket list. It’s more than worth dressing up for…I hope you’ll find a glamorous occasion to do so soon as well.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites