While models may steal the show inside, here the stars are French fashion magazine editors.

FRENCH IDOLES: Rendez-Vous at Paris Fashion Week

After New York, London, and Milan, fashion week finally comes home to Paris by the end of September. While Spring collections are walking down the runway right now, out on the street fall fashion is just getting started. Our Indian summer has slowly gone and we’ve been greeted with a gentle chill. Perfect timing for the city’s fashionistas to debut their autumn ensembles at the week’s bustling venues, like Palais de Tokyo.

Paris Rendez-vous

My friends and I wouldn’t miss such an opportunity, so we rendez-vous here each fashion week to do just that. Along with some fresh wardrobe additions, I wore Lancôme’s new Fall Color collection, French Idole, for the first time. The traditional smokey eye has been infused with a hint of malachite and amethyst, and the standard red lip now closer to a shade of garnet. The collection is classics with a jewel tone seasonal twist.

So who are the French Idoles of Paris Fashion Week? While models may steal the show inside, outside here the stars are French fashion magazine editors. Names like Emmanuelle Alt, and Carine Roitfeld might ring a bell. They and the rest of their kind arrive and make way through the crowd as beacons of understated style, looking sharp and chic amongst the fashion folly too often on display here. As much household names as the magazines they head up, they are French Idoles in the world of fashion.

And what are they wearing this season? After all, they are masters of the classics. They know better than to do away with what’s timeless. Never over the top, perhaps a simple white blouse is effortlessly draped with a beige trench or black moto jacket. They keep things fresh by incorporating trends subtly; a colorful clutch here, a statement belt or bold scarf there. This is the way of the French Idoles, a philosophy also inspiring Lancôme’s fall collection.

Street style shots of their sartorial sense are the most coveted, and photographers go crazy to get them. I didn’t manage to snap one of my own amongst the madness today, but I did capture a few moments and details from the afternoon. I hope you enjoy!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites