Wu’s elegant and fresh esthetic has an international appeal.

NEW YORK RENDEZ-VOUS: Jason Wu for Lancome

Just as I was ready to settle into my new routine for la rentrée, New York Fashion Week kicked off and swept me back to the states for work. As much as I love Paris, this occasion to jet off to the big apple twice a year is always exciting!

Paris Rendez-vous

For a few seasons now, I’ve worked backstage at fashion week in New York as well as Paris, photographing and filming for designers and the press. As glamorous as I know it is sitting front row at the shows, I love being behind the scenes. The transformative process of the makeup, hair, and wardrobe is so creatively inspiring. The energy backstage is palpable, as each of these teams dance around one another to bring these elements together, and with it a designer’s vision to life. Each time I’m reminded of how beauty is as much a part of fashion as clothing is.

When Lancôme invited me to come see their team of makeup artists in action at the Jason Wu show this season, I knew it would be the highlight of my trip. Wu’s elegant and fresh esthetic has an international appeal, and pairs perfectly with the french beauty sensibility of less is more.

The look for the show was all about flawless dewy skin, warm neutrals, and ultra high cheek bones. Modernly feminine, it was the perfect pairing for Wu’s sophisticated silhouettes in sage, navy, and amber he showed off on the catwalk. Fittingly, Jason Wu brought a bit of the runway to his Jason Wu for Lancôme collection, working in this same gorgeous color palette. If you want to wear the look from the Jason Wu runway yourself, I picked up a few tips from the artists backstage to share with you here!

GET THE LOOK

Visionnaire and La Base Pro Hydra Glow helped achieved a perfectly prepped complexion for foundation.

The Blush Subtil Palette gave a contoured look for dramatic cheek bones, with its illuminating blush and highlighter.

Aquatique eyecolour base in “noisette” was the perfect choice for eyes, smokey and ultra soft at the same time, and water resistant to last for all day wear.

Color Design lipstick in ‘Pink Slip’ looks like a naturally perfect pink lip, perfect for everyday wear.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites