Not surprisingly, unwinding with colleagues or friends after a successful day of work is a universal joy.

HAPPY HOUR IN PARIS

You know how the saying goes…it’s five-o-clock somewhere! Throughout my travels I’ve found one of America’s most popular exports is the afterwork tradition of Happy Hour. Not surprisingly, unwinding with colleagues or friends after a successful day of work is a universal joy. Throw in a well crafted cocktail or some amazing French wine for half the price and it’s that much better!

Paris Rendez-vous

There’s a funny little thing about Happy Hour in Paris that always makes me smile. You see, in France they don’t exactly translate the phrase. Instead they’ve adopted it almost just as it is, calling it Happy Hours, with an “s” at the end. It makes a lot of sense considering it’s almost always more than one hour, especially in Paris where we all like to sit and take our time.

Now, you may be wondering how to keep your makeup looking fresh enough all day to head out after work. Try using La Base Pro each morning before your foundation to keep makeup set in place. I always carry my Dual Finish compact for touch ups on-the-go, and a slightly darker shade of my favorite Absolu Rouge lipstick to switch my look up for the evening.

Now you’re ready for the perfect spot to enjoy Happy Hours. If you happen to be in Paris, why not give some of my favorites a try? Tell them Haleigh told you to stop by…

Le Floréal | 73 Rue du Faubourg du Temple, 75010
The ideal spot for an hour of people watching, order up one of La Floréal's delicious and daring cocktails and enjoy it on the terrace in good company. The vibe is colorful and fun with a throwback to the 1970’s, but à la française of course.

Le Fumoir | 6 Rue de l'Amiral de Coligny, 75001
Over the years Le Fumoir has become quite a classic in Paris. Its dark leather and smooth lacquer paired with walls lined with bookshelves give it a timelessly handsome vibe. Just the kind of place to enjoy a classic cocktail like a martini. Don’t worry though, contrary to the suggestions of the name, you won’t find anyone smoking inside.

O Chateau | 68 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 75001
If you’re looking to try some great French wine while in Paris, look no further than O’Chateau. Rest assured any glass the friendly staff here recommends will please your palette. If you stick around long enough to work up an appetite, their plates of cheese and charcuterie are the perfect accompaniment to the wine list.

Les Etages Saint Germain | 5 Rue de Buci, 75006 Paris
If you’re looking for a bit of a rowdier vibe, this casual spot is known for their house mojito which you can either order as is or with a generous portion of strawberries in it. Perfect for larger groups, you’ll find plenty of places to sit with several stories to choose from to kick back and enjoy your drinks.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites