The Musée d’Orsay is where you’ll find a gorgeous selection of Edgar Degas’ famous ballerinas.

LES BALLERINES: Beauty Inspiration from Degas’ Beautiful Ballerinas!

What do the Parisians do on an off day in Paris? When I have several days free in the city, one of my favorite things to do is buy an all access museum pass and revisit my favorites. With much of Paris away on vacation in August the city slows down. I took advantage of the quiet time and spent an afternoon reacquainting myself with the Musée d’Orsay.

Paris Rendez-vous

Home to some of my favorite impressionist works, the Musée d’Orsay is where you’ll find a gorgeous selection of Edgar Degas’ famous ballerinas. Every time I see them, I’m completely drawn in. I can see his affinity for the poise, discipline, and beauty of the ballerinas captured in his paintings. Degas’ work and story are very intertwined with that of Paris. A Parisian himself, he lived and painted in Montmartre most of his life. He fell visually in love with the ballerinas as a spectator of their performances at the Palais Garnier, eventually becoming a part of the daily life backstage there. He watched and painted the young dancers performances from every angle: practice to performance, above the stage and in the audience. The drama of the costumes, the way the light danced with them on the stage…all the movements, textures and colors we’re captured in his paintings.

I left my little visit to the Musée d’Orsay feeling inspired and took some cues for my own wardrobe and makeup this week. I brought Degas blending of pinks and blues to my eyes with Lancôme’s Color Design in shades of pink, lining them with Le Stylo Waterproof in Midnight Blue. To keep things soft, I paired it with Lip Lover in a creamy beige called Casse-Noisette for dewy and neutral lips. And to finish it off, a bit of drama fit for the stage with Grandiôse mascara, its ergonomic new design in perfect form just like the ballerinas for seriously poised lashes.

Et voilà, like Degas I found inspiration in these ballerina’s for my very own canvas, creating the perfect daytime look for any outing in Paris.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites