Itʼs true, Paris excels at luxury hotels …like no place else.

"The Insider’s Guide to Paris: Where to Stay"

Since starting my blog, Making Magique, the most common question I receive is "Where should I stay in Paris?" The city has some of the world’s most extraordinary hotels, big and small. However, you can also rent a Parisian apartment and live like a local during your stay. Get some tips and tricks for staying in the City of Light with this article from Bon Appétit!

Splurge on Food, Not Sleep.
Itʼs true, Paris excels at luxury hotels (Le Bristol, the Ritz, Le Meurice, etc.) like no place else. But you can still stay someplace chic for under $225 a night—no easy feat—without feeling like a backpacker. Check out:

Hotel Amour: A fave of young artists and fashion followers in Montmartre. Think shiny red walls and super-edgy art.

Paris Rendez-Vous

Hotel Joyce: Well-priced design hotel near the Opéra Garnier, the Louvre and Montmartre.

Hotel Thérèse: Quiet, classic-contemporary hotel near the Louvre and the Palais-Royal. —c.m.

Cook (and Live) Like a Local
Reasons to rent an apartment in Paris: They often end up being much more affordable than hotel rooms, especially for families, and are often larger and more private. Plus, they make it easier to pretend you live there (i.e., you can actually buy produce at the market). Hereʼs the crème de la crème of the sources for pieds-à-terre:

Chezvous.com
Specializing in the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th arrondissements.

Haveninparis.com
Luxury rentals around the city.

Parisluxuryrentals.com
Over the top—and still less expensive than a week at Hotel De Crillon.

Perfectlyparis.com
Apartments near the best food-shopping streets in the charming 9th and 18th arrondissements. —a.l.

Reprinted with permission from Bon Appetit: “The Insider’s Guide to Paris”

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites