It’s the spookiest time of year because Halloween is right around the corner…

Halloween Makeup Gets a Pop of Color with Matte Shakers

It’s the spookiest time of year because Halloween is right around the corner and I, for one, am excited about that. It happens to be one of my favorite holidays, not only because I love a good fall fright, but also because it’s a fun excuse to get in touch with your artistic side by playing with makeup!

Paris Rendezvous

There something so fun about about getting to be someone or something else for the day, and I personally prefer makeup for Halloween looks to elaborate costumes as it’s easier, more affordable, and doesn’t require one to store costumes around the house all year long to be used just one day of the year.

Each year I create a few easy peasy fun and not too frightful Halloween looks to share with you here and this year, I decided to keep it spooky. My aim is always to create looks that are easy to achieve for those of us like me, and likely you, who aren’t professional makeup artists, and mostly with items we can already find in our makeup drawer. This year I also incorporated some of the amazing new shades of Matte Shakers that have just been released to add a pop of color to your costume.

GLAMPIRE
ft. Auda[city] in Paris eyeshadow palette, Dual Finish Highlighter, & Matte Shaker in Cherry Leader

This look is all about embracing a sultry smokey eye, for which I used my Auda[city] in Paris palette’s black and red hues to give a bloodshot look to my eyes. Vampires are also known for their iridescent skin so layer on some Dual Finish Highlighter to get that shine. Just add fangs and some Matter Shaker in Cherry Leader in the center and down the side of your lips for a blood sucking effect, and carry it with you like a little vial of blood for a vampire snack!

FRENCH PHANTOM
ft. Monsieur Big Liner, Monsieur Big Mascara, & Matte Shaker in Dark Fiction

If you want to go a bit further with your Halloween makeup, this is the look for you. As such a historic city, Paris is surely populated with a few glamorous ghosts this time of year from centuries past, which is what inspired me to create this French Phantom look. You’ll need to start with some white face paint and a can of white hairspray (totals less than $10 at the costume store). Then extra black bold eyes are created with Monsieur Big Liner and Mascara. The piece de resistance has got to be the almost black lip with the Matte Shaker Dark Fiction. It’s terrifyingly beautiful!

PINK WIDOW
ft. Grandiôse Liner, Monsieur Big Mascara, & Matte Shaker in Pink Wink

Normally spiders make me squirm but I embraced them for this look by giving them a cute and friendly twist! These webs are easy to achieve with Grandiôse Liner’s delicate point. Start with a simple cat eye then add three or four extra lines outwards from the corner of the eye. Simply connect them perpendicularly with a series of wavy lines and voilà, your web is formed. I like to do two different size webs on each side for an asymmetrical look. Then heavily layer on Monsieur Big Mascara on the top and bottom for spidery lashes. Matte Shaker in Pink Wink on the lips gives the look a sweet touch, and lastly just add a few friendly spiders to your hair or earrings.

If you want to try a few of these looks, be sure to have your Bi-Facil Face makeup remover at the ready. It makes for easy and gentle cleanup when trying out Halloween looks…but I’ll tell you more about that next week!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites