When fall arrives I feel like we all start scrambling to get our wardrobes back in order.

5 Parisian Style Hacks for Fall!

When fall arrives I feel like we all start scrambling to get our wardrobes back in order. We’ve been floating around carefree in cotton dresses and sandals all summer, and then suddenly we’re reminded by the thermostat just how many layers it takes to look chic all the rest of the year. Between the big September issues and all the inspiration flowing out of recent fashion weeks, we’re all whipping our wardrobes into shape.

Paris Rendezvous

For me fashion week is on the brain, especially as it returns to Paris this week! My schedule is jam packed with shoots for work and behind the scenes at shows, which means I’ll have little time to waste on deciding what to wear. So, getting dressed in the coming days will need to be quick and easy with effortlessly chic results.

With all this fashion on the brain I thought I would share with you some of my personal Parisian style hacks for the season so you can employ them too if you’re in need of some ideas. I think you’ll find them true to the effortless chic philosophy we live by here in the French capital, and affordably achievable with items that are probably already in your wardrobe…

Re-purpose your favorite basket as purse.Think Jane Birkin and Brigitte Bardot when employing this little style trick, and all your favorite French it girls. Baskets are simultaneously very classic and on trend at the moment. So grab you favorite from around the house and repurpose it as a cute purse. And if you’re already rocking this trend, know that your little panier doesn’t need to be parked just because it’s fall! All the girls here are still wearing them.

Swap in a scarf for your usual hair tie. Let’s be honest, the average pony tail holder has never really been chic. Up your hair game by using a cute scarf instead to tie your hair back in a low pony. It’s so easy and dresses up any outfit. French women loving using scarves and this way is one of my favorites. It’s so easy and works best with small square scarves that you can roll and fold into a ribbon.

Wear your blazer off the shoulders. I see this trick all the time at fashion week! Women here love to wear their blazers draped over their shoulders like they just casually threw them on and couldn’t be bothered to slip their arms down the sleeves. It gives an air of sophisticated cool that can completely change the attitude of your outfit.

Layer blouses under dresses. I love this look and wear it all the time. Layering blouses, button ups, or even a simple white tee shirt is a great way to wear your summer dresses into fall. It creates an effect that instantly renders your outfit more interesting and is also practical for keeping warm.

Stock up on black tights! Oh, the black tights are the GO TO look for the French girls as soon as September 1 rolls around. French women aren’t big on showing a lot of leg, and pair a opaque black tights completes any outfit making it seasonally appropriate.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites