For me, summer beauty is pretty much all about skin. Warm weather makes me committed to my
complexion as I ease up on the foundation and strive for natural daytime makeup looks. On the
one hand, there’s definitely a focus on skincare with products like my Miel-en-Mousse Foaming
Cleanser and Énergie de Vie Exfoliating Mask, and on the other with my makeup to really achieve
the ultimate dewy complexion we all want.
Dewy complexion? I know, right…way easier said than done. I’m still learning but I’m getting better,
so I’ll share a few of my beauty secrets here if you promise that when you get the chance to share,
you’ll pass on yours too?
Here’s my latest one — the new Dual Finish Highlighter. These little beauties have been a summer
saviour for me. The essence of the Dual Finish products, both the new Highlighter and the original
Foundation, is that they’re buildable, able to be applied both wet and dry for different amounts of
coverage and different effects. Use it dry for a subtle highlight, or apply damp for more intense
The same thing happens to all women when we get a new highlighter, we’re all like yipeee! and go
crazy with it. Can you blame us? Highlighters are so fun because they have the power to
completely transform the face, to make average angles look epic, and to make us look completely
angelic in any light. The Dual Finish Highlighter formula is infused with light-enhancing pearls to
achieve a beautiful pearly glow available in five stunning shades. Plus, it's infused with Vitamin E &
triglycerides for a non-drying formula.
Once you’ve got the new Dual Finish Highlighter handy, give my tips a try for achieving a dewy
summer complexion and see how they work for you!
1. Exfoliate before anything else, either with a gentle cloth or exfoliating mask of cleanser.
2. Never ever skip the moisturizer. Be generous and give it time to settle in to your skin.
3. Use a tiny bit of face oil, like Absolue Precious Oil for example to prime your face.
4. Easy on the foundation — just concealer where needed or lightweight like Miracle Cushion.
5. Use Dual Finish Highlighter with the wet cushion to create strong highlights on the cheek
bones, bridge of the nose, and outer brow bones.
6. Use Dual Finish Highlighter with a dry brush to give a light dusting over the entire face
and décolletage to give a subtle pearly finish.
7. With your finger use Dual Finish Highlighter to highlight the cupids bow, and if you like to
brighten the inner eyes. Just a little dab will do!