It will be hard to top this pique-nique for sure.

The Countryside in Paris — Pique-Nique at Hôtel Particulier Montmartre

There are so many ways to enjoy summer in Paris, and a Parisian picnic is a perfect one. We certainly have no shortage of places to choose from. Hmmm…let’s see. Around the fountains of the Place de Vosges in the Marais? Or on the tree-lined lawns of the Jardin du Luxembourg? Or, how about the banks of the Seine River? And that’s just the beginning. Recently, I’ve discovered a new place to have a Parisian picnic this summer that takes picnicking to a whole new level — Hôtel Particulier Montmartre.

Paris Rendezvous

At the top of Paris on the hill of Montmartre, hidden away off one of its storybook cobblestone streets and behind an old rod iron gate, is where you will find this place. An old townhouse, or hotel particulier as we call them in French, it has been re-imagined and converted into a dynamic space for the city’s visitors and locals alike to enjoy. The property boasts five suites, an intimate restaurant, and even a quaint little bar serving up specialty cocktails. But perhaps it’s most majestic offering is it’s surrounding garden where you can dine al fresco.

I overheard several weeks back at a party that this summer they would begin their very own picnic service and it’s been on my must-do list ever since. With a friend in town visiting, I had the perfect occasion to try it. I knew it would be no ordinary pique-nique. Hôtel Particulier Montmartre and their chef Thibaut Spiwack have elevated picnicking into fine dining with a three course meal and some extras.

The mouth-watering picnic menu arrived with a feather quill pen for us to mark our selection for little feast, and several minutes later our beautiful plaid lined basket filled with our assortment of the dishes followed — radishes and salted french butter on baguette, truffle quiche, the cheese of the day, chocolate mousse and cheesecake topped with crumble…yum! Mid lunch we were even paid a visit from one of the two chickens in residence wandering about, Coquette! What a truly bucolic piece of the countryside here in Paris. It will be hard to top this pique-nique for sure.

If you make it to Paris this summer, I highly recommend reserving one of these picnics at Hotel Particular Montmartre! And if you want to host a Parisian picnic closer to home on a sunny day this summer, you can pique-nique like a Parisienne with a few little tips from one of my past posts you can find here!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites