…when the temperatures rise it's time to break out the summer beauty secrets to get by.

Beat the Heat Parisian Style

Is it too soon to talk about summer? Not here in Paris. Last week the city was sweltering with the thermostat up in the eighties! Everyone’s new favourite spot here to beat the heat is definitely the newly expanded Parc des Rives de Seine along the banks of the Seine, now open to the public year-round. It’s the perfect place to catch a breeze and cool off by the water, not to mention a pretty picturesque place for a picnic!

Paris Rendezvous

In addition to knowing where to go, beating the heat like a Parisian takes a bit of style. For us ladies, a light cotton dress, some colourful sandals, and a chic brimmed hat to keep the sun off our face is a winning combination.

When it comes to beauty though, warmer temperatures can be trickier. Sun, sweat, humidity, swimming and so on…when the temperatures rise it’s time to break out the summer beauty secrets to get by. Here are my favorite Lancôme products that will have you covered when things start to heat up. With Memorial Day stateside on the way as the unofficial kick-off of summer, you’ll be needing them there too!

BIENFAIT UV SPF 50+ — I can’t emphasize enough protecting your skin, especially your face, from the sun this time of year. This super fluid facial sunscreen is light weight and oil-free so it won’t clog your pores or grease up your makeup. It’s also water resistant, so a bit of sweat and swimming are no problem.

GRANDIÔSE WATERPROOF — No need to abandon your glamorous lashes this time of year for fear of them running down your face. Opt for the waterproof version of Grandiôse formula to avoid smudging and smearing.

SOURCILS GEL — Brows are really a tough one in the summer, but if you swap out your pencil for a Sourcils Gels waterproof formula even some sun and sweat can’t beat down your brow!

DUAL FINISH FOUNDATION — The dual part of this powder is the ability to apply it when wet, almost like a liquid foundation. So whether you’re stepping out of the pool or trying to bring down the shine on a hot day, a little humidity will actually help this powder look great on your face!

TEINT IDOLE ULTRA 24H LONG WEAR FOUNDATION — On a long summer day it’s almost certain that the heat will beat your foundation, but Teint Idole Ultra Wear 24H’s coverage is formulated to fight through even the longest and hottest days so you can still get lightweight full coverage even in summer.. touch up free. It also has SPF 15 to protect your skin.

P.S. If you’re wondering what this book is in the photos it’s a great new book by my friend, Lindsey Tramuta, called “The New Paris”. If you love Lancôme’s hometown as much as I do you’ll have to check it out!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites