As it turns out, shades of green tend to be forgiving no matter your complexion…

Greenery — Playing with Pantone’s Color of the Year

It’s around this time that the first hints of spring start popping up in Paris. If we are lucky, spring gives us a preview in time to welcome the many visitors for fashion week at the start of each March. But normally, the first sign is the magnolias on the trees in the Palais Royal. Every year they surprise me, almost as if they’ve come too soon. But within a few weeks, little green leaves begin sprouting from the trees lining the Seine and the streets too, filling in the spaces between the branches left empty since autumn. And just like that, Paris is bursting with foliage, vibrant with color once again. Color can evoke so many stories, and this is Paris’s with Pantone’s 2017 color of the year — Greenery.

Paris Rendezvous

On the heels of another fashion week and the start of spring, I always find myself trying new things with my wardrobe and makeup. What more perfect time to play with Pantone’s Color of the Year. Greens in makeup is something I have always found striking on dark and olive skin tones. As a fair blonde I wondered if I could wear it well too. As it turns out, shades of green tend to be forgiving no matter your complexion, and whatever your eye color, they bring out the most vibrant hues of the iris. Lancôme gives us a few ways to play with Greenery in our makeup. Here are some of my favorite ways to wear it...

Color Design Palette in Jade Fever — A beautiful palette with warm greens complimented by champagnes and light browns to create sultry green smokey eyes. Lancôme’s Color Design palettes are the ultimate in effortless color play and this one is the go-to for green.

Grandiôse Liner in Vert — A new addition to the Grandiôse line, this shade of green liquid liner is a bright and playful way to frame your eyes in an unexpected way by updating a simple cat eye with some green or trying a graphic eye design.

Le Crayon Khôl in Moss — This green liner is such a simple and modern way to make a statement with this color of the year. I love the idea of lining the waterline of the eyes to give them a pop of greenery. It’s a style statement that can really elevate a simple monocratic outfit.

Le Stylo Waterproof in Vert Tuileries — Inspired by the iconic green park chairs of the Tuileries gardens, I love the look of this gorgeous green pencil smudged around the outer corners of the eyes to brighten your regard.

Color Design in Splurge — As true to the Pantone color as it gets, this bright green shade of shadow offers buildable color for your lids and is only suited for the fashion forward! I love the look of this shadow especially on darker skin tones with a nude lip.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites