Ready to try out these French phrases? Don't be shy.

French Lesson - Terms of Endearment

French is arguably the most romantic language of all. The pouting of the lips and the singsong rhythm of speech must have something to do with making it seem so sensual. Just in the nick of time for Valentine’s Day, I thought I would share with you another little French lesson here on Paris Rendez-Vous. It’s been a while since our last lesson, so I thought this week it would be fun for you to try some of these phrases out on someone you love!

Paris Rendezvous

Je t’aime → “I love you” pronounced like [juh-tem] can also mean “I like you” and is suitable for anyone you love romantically or otherwise

Je t’adore → “I adore you” pronounced like [juh-ta-door] is the perfect way to express your affinity for someone romantically or even in a friendship.

Mon petit chou → Literally translates to “my little cabbage” and is a lot like calling someone your honey pie, sweetie, or darling. You can also say mon chouchou.

Mon coeur → “My heart” pronounced like [moan ker] is one of the strongest terms of affection that should be reserved only for those in life you love the most, normally your significant other or a child.

Mon ange → “My angel” pronounced like [moan onge] is a sweet way to refer to someone who lights up your life, be it a friend or lover.

Je ne peux pas vivre sans toi → “I can't live without you” pronounced like [juh nuh pooh paw veev-ruh sonz twa] for those you need the most.

Tu es l’amour de ma vie → “You are the love of my life” pronounced like [too ā la more duh maw vee] for your one true love.

Je t’aime de tout mon coeur → “I love you with all my heart” pronounced like [juh-tem duh too moan ker] in case anyone should doubt how deep your love goes.

Embrasse-moi → “Kiss me” pronounced like [em-brass mwah] is demanding and sweet in that cute way only French women can seem to get away with.

Je pense à toi toujours → “I think of you always” pronounced like [juh ponce ah twah two joor] is a great way to hint to someone that you’re crushing on them or to let someone from your past know you still have feelings for them.

There are so many ways to say I love you and more in French that it’s no wonder it’s such a romantic language. And rest assured, the French are not shy about using them. Of course, last but not least, reserved for February 14th is “Joyeuse Saint-Valentin” which you can say to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day in French! Ready to try out these French phrases? Don’t be shy. Make them sound and look extra sensual by wearing a bit of the new L’Absolu Rouge lipstick in your favourite shade of red (mine is Lie de Vin) as these sweet French phrases roll off your lips. Happy Valentine’s Day!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites