And so The Report Hair was born out of a need for something different from both sides of the industry.

Meet Two Parisian Beauty Entrepreneurs — Rendez-Vous with The Report Hair

It’s no secret that the French are known for being at the helm of innovation and trends in beauty. So when I came across a new startup last year called The Report Hair created by two young Parisiennes, I thought maybe these women are on to something, something bigger than their business that captures the zeitgeist in beauty of what woman need and want today more than ever — convenience. In the "Uber age" I say, why not beauty too? In the beauty industry though, the convenient option of “at home alternatives” often means sacrificing expertise. The Report Hair, though, doesn’t.

Paris Rendezvous

After running a successful beauty blog on the side for two years, co-founders and sisters-in-law Marie and Sophie decided to officially get into the beauty biz by launching an at home, on demand hair styling service. One a banker, and the other an architect, the two young woman understood the complexity of working women and the challenge to have it all in this day and age. “We recognized that there was this need for women to regain time at home for their families or simple well being. Most salons just close too early for women to get their hair done after work, so they’re overbooked on lunches, and Saturdays at times that stylists and clients have to set aside when they might rather be with their kids or relaxing” says Sophie. And so The Report Hair was born out of a need for something different from both sides of the industry.

But what was created for convenience, with five stylists commuting to clients in Paris evolved into something more: a truly elite team of nearly 50 of the best hair professionals in the city. Much of the growth of Sophie and Marie’s startup can be contributed to just that. The two vet each stylist at least twice before signing them on, assuring that their clients get only the best. And there is nothing their clients can’t get — cuts, color, updos, blowouts, and now even makeup! All for the same price of such services in the salon without stepping out your front door. I told Marie that I sometimes spend as much as three hours in the salon when I get my color done. “Now imagine if during the time your color is processing you can work or do laundry, or someday look after your kids without needing a babysitter.” She’s right...I’m convinced.

But The Report Hair caters to everyone, replacing not just typical salon visits but also for special events like weddings or even photoshoots. If you call on the phone, Marie answers personally each time and thoughtfully places you with the best stylist or makeup artists for your needs.“Do you ever get foreign clients or tourists?” I asked. “Yes actually, and more and more. We’re working with a lot of hotels that are recommending our service to clients and also have out-of-towners that find us through Instagram and want to try when they come to Paris.”

And while the French are known for their beauty expertise, it’s also fair to say they are not known for facilitating business — bureaucracy after all is a French word. So I had to ask Sophie and Marie the other question on my mind, “how is it being young female entrepreneurs in France?” They both reiterated that a lot has changed in here in the last ten years. “One in two of our friends now is an entrepreneur, so we are part of a supportive community where we help each other and share advice. It hasn’t been as complicated or difficult as we might have once imagined” — a definite sign of the times.

So what’s next for The Report Hair now that they offer makeup artists and have grown their team ten fold in the first year? Next up is the launch of an upcoming app to make beauty even more accessible and expanding into the rest of France. Who knows...maybe even someday to a city near you! In beauty and business these two innovative Parisiennes are certainly leading the way.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites