…makeup really is one of the best accessories!

Makeup Trends from Paris Fashion Week

Here we are on the heels of another Paris Fashion Week and “fashion month” around the world. As usual in Paris during this time, it’s the ideal moment to scope out trends from the runway shows and on the the streets. I’ve been inspired all week to be fashion forward with my wardrobe and makeup choices to attend some fun events and spectacular parties with friends.

Paris Rendezvous

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, makeup really is one of the best accessories! A simple outfit can become a complete look totally transformed by a bold statement with your makeup. Here are a few of my favourite makeup trends of the moment so you can do just that. Don’t be shy either...any of them can be pulled off by pretty much anyone and are easily achieved in just a few minutes.

Ombre Lips — I’m totally taken with this trend since seeing Lancôme Creative Director, Lisa Eldridge, pull it off. All you need is two corresponding lip colors. The first trick here is to stick with similar hues but different shades, one darker for the outer and one lighter for the center. The second trick is to keep similar finishes, i.e. both matte or glossy but it’s up to you. I went for a darker shade of the Color Design Matte Lip Crayon (Only Wine Will Tell) and L’Absolu Rouge Definition with its demi-matte finish in a lighter shade but still in the warm reds family. Start with the Lip Crayon on the outer edges and then fill in the middle with your lighter shade. Simply blend with your finger or a lip brush and the effect is ultra full looking lips with amazing definition.

Graphic Eyes — Nothing made me feel more confident to try this trend than having the Grandiôse Liner in hand. The ergonomic bendable wand and ultra fine tip make it nearly impossible to go wrong when creating this look. My best advice is just go for it and be creative. A double or even triple wing is the most wearable graphic eye look and easiest to create. But sketch away because Lancôme has shown us with #bendtheline there are no limits to what you can create with the control of this liner.

Extra Bold Brows — Bold brows have been in for some time now, thanks to a few top models rocking them on the runway in recent years. This look is more accessible and in than ever thanks to brow products like Sourcils Styler. The Sourcils Styler is specifically designed to color the hair and not skin (like a pencil per say) so you get dense brows that look naturally full and wispy. Extra bold brows are the perfect way to transform jeans and a white tee shirt into a total “model off duty” look.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites