Here are some of my wedding beauty essentials for brides and guests alike…

Wedding Season: French Beauty and Fashion Tips for Brides and Guests

The only thing that could possibly make me love summer more than I already do is the fact that it is also wedding season. Who doesn’t love a beautiful wedding? There seems to be so many things to celebrate on these days, like love of course! But also friendship, family, and a great excuse to dress up and look your best.

Paris Rendezvous

I seem to be in that time of my life when all my friends have started tying the knot. Last weekend I was overwhelmed with joy getting to see two of them get hitched at a chateau in the French countryside during what must have been the most beautiful weather France has seen in 2016. I had been looking forward to this day for nearly a year, but my schedule afforded much less time to plan the perfect outfit, hair, and makeup.

As you can imagine, weddings anywhere, but particularly in France, are extremely sophisticated. The dress code for French weddings is “effortless, chic, and qualitative.” Personally, I’m going to add in conservative, as I think it’s safe to err on the side of caution, as most traditional weddings here take place in a church. I managed to pull off my whole look last minute with a few Parisian style tips I’ve learned over the years. For one, a silk scarf around the neck always adds drama to any outfit, and a bold lipstick instantly transforms an otherwise boring face into a perfectly coordinated look. Throw on a piece of statement jewellery with your best heels and any little black dress or in my case, raspberry separates, and you will look ready for the pages of French Vogue.

As you can imagine, I have a few beauty tips in mind for such days as well! Here are some of my wedding beauty essentials for brides and guests alike...

My Wedding Beauty Essentials

Waterproof mascara — Weddings always give us a good cry. On such a big day, waterproof mascara is essential for brides and guests alike to avoid makeup running down their face. Hypnôse Waterproof mascara is just what you need to get dramatic photo worthylashes that last through tears of joy during sacred vows and heartfelt toasts.

Matte lipstick — Not only is matte lipstick on trend at the moment, but it also happens to be one of the longest lasting formulas for lips. My favorite this wedding season has been Color Design in Racy, a creamy dark pink just bold enough to stand out but with a touch of softness perfect for the romance of a wedding.

Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Foundation Stick — For an event like a wedding, the Teint Idole Foundation Stick is your complexion’s best friend. The long wear formula will have you looking flawless for hours on end, and also conveniently fits in even the tiniest of handbags for touch ups during the festivities if needed. Made for long days like these, where you need it, when you need it.

A special scent — Scent is the strongest sense tied to memory which is why brides will often select a new scent just for their special day. Guests like me will be sentimental about these beautiful celebrations share with friends, and what better scent than La Vie Est Belle to bring back those moments?

Vive les mariés!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites