If a scent is a story, then Lancôme has many beautiful ones to tell.

Ô de L’Orangerie: My Summer Scent & A Secret Garden

My habits tend to change with the seasons. I find myself in new corners of Paris when summertime rolls around, drawn outward to open spaces on the edge of the city. But not only just that, a different wardrobe, lighter makeup, and for me even another fragrance.

Paris Rendezvous

Summer is the perfect season for what we call eau de toilette, which is the fancy French way of saying perfume with a weaker concentration of its aromatic ingredients. Long days, warm weather, and a relaxed summer vibe certainly lightens the mood this time of year, so it makes sense that our fragrances are lighter too. Starting now we begin reaching for the eau de toilette version of our usual scent or even a new one. In my case it’s Lancôme’s Ô de L’Orangerie

I love discovering all of the Lancôme fragrances because they are such an essential part of Lancôme’s history. After all, Lancôme began as a fragrance house, launching its first five scents in 1935 at the World's Fair in Brussels. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I treated myself to a Lancôme set of those darling miniature perfume bottles you often find at Duty Free. Inside was a little bottle of Ô de L’Orangerie, and as soon as I smelled it for the first time I knew this would be my summer scent.

Its fruity floral notes are light and radiant with a hint of citrus from fragrant orange blossoms, evoking the feeling of a serene French garden. And I happen to know just the garden in Paris that might have inspired it. It’s a local’s secret but I’ll share it with you...

In the heart of the Bois de Bologne on the western border of Paris you will find a garden within the woods called the Parc de Bagatelle. Surrounded by golden gilded gates, inside you’ll find a little Shangri-la. Waterfalls run into petite lakes with swans swimming across them, and peacocks roam freely from one precious pagoda to the next, spreading their green and blue feathers to show off for the visitors. Follow another path and you’ll be led to a beautiful rose garden with rows of blooming bushes and trees this time of year. And of course, the beautiful 18th century Orangerie which is a host to all kinds of events. On a summer evening, you can catch classic concerts here, with the sound of Chopin drifting out its beautiful french doors and floating away into the night. Perfectly planted with citrus trees around its perimeter, a little pause beneath them for some shade is an aromatic delight.

If a scent is a story, then Lancôme has many beautiful ones to tell. For me, Ô de L’Orangerie is the perfect way to lose yourself in a summer tale of in this secret French garden at Bagatelle. Smell it for yourself and perhaps it will transport you there...

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites