In France this annual celebration has officially been a tradition for nearly 60 years.

Honoring International Women’s Day

Lancôme and I believe that every day should be a celebration of women, and as part of the beauty industry, every day is. Each day we’re inspired by all the ways women are beautiful, working to bring them the highest quality cosmetics across the globe and remind them that they are and deserve to be beautiful.

From the classroom to the boardroom, from homemakers to thrill seekers, there is no limit to what women can be and the ways they inspire us. Today in particular is an extra special day to celebrate the Lancôme woman and all the women of the world: International Women’s Day.

In France this annual celebration has officially been a tradition for nearly 60 years, as a day to bring attention to issues women still confront in certain parts of the world, as well as be grateful to the women and men who worked to achieve equality for women throughout the last century. Lastly, it is of course a day to give thanks to the special women in our own lives.

For each of us, there are certain women that have been paramount in our lives. For me, that’s my own mother, Jermaine. (You might notice I look just like she did at my age.) I collect and keep all the vintage and retro portraits we have of her so she is close even when we are far apart, she in California and I in France. In addition to her long blonde locks and dark brows, she’s also given me unconditional love and encouragement that I can be and achieve whatever I want. There are so many women that inspire me though, playing important roles in ways big and small throughout my life, and today I am celebrating them too.

Lancôme and I wanted to find a unique way to honor women on this special day, and what better way to do so than with the gift of beauty. In stores, Lancôme has created a special-event look with a fresh palette featuring L’Absolu Rouge lip color in “Misty Rose” and a hint of blush. In addition, Lancôme will be gifting roses to visitors, the feminine symbol of the house for more than 40 years now. I too wanted to take part in the giving, so I bought a dozen roses to offer to a handful of the women I’m thankful for today. We hope you will join us in this annual celebration in honor of women around the world…

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites