…I know will always be a mainstay for my skin - micellar water.

Eau Fraîche Douceur: A French Beauty Essential Ideal for Every Woman

As you can imagine a lot of things have changed with my beauty routine over the years. Especially since moving to France. I think for most women, our skincare routine is a constant evolution. We adapt to our age, seasons, and environment. But there is one French beauty essential that I discovered when I moved here that I know will always be a mainstay for my skin — a micellar water.

Paris Rendezvous

The science behind micellar waters makes them much milder than chemical cleansers. Micelles are emulsifying cells, and when they come in contact with oil and dirt molecules, like those on your face per say, they penetrate, disperse, and then lift them from the surface they adhere to. Add these cells to some water and voilà, you get micellar water. Lancôme’s Eau Fraîche Douceur is also enriched with Rose de France for an extra soothing and refreshing effects as well as a beautiful scent. It also happens to be one of the most iconic and popular on the market.

So who is micellar water perfect for? Honestly, every woman (or man!) of any skin type and age. That’s one of the many things that is great about micellar water. Essentially, they’re a very gentle yet effective cleanser that purifies your skin and removes makeup from any part of the face, waterproof and eye makeup included! Afterward, there is absolutely no need to rinse and your skin is left feeling revitalised, soft, and clean. This is such a versatile product because it can act as a makeup remover, cleanser, and even a toner.

Here’s a few more reasons why I love micellar water so much and would recommend it to any woman…

• A deeper clean — I often feel like washing my face just once never gets all my makeup off. Use your Eau Fraîche Douceur on a large cotton pad to remove makeup before cleansing to make sure you really purify your face.

• Perfect for travel — Rather than packing a whole repertoire of cleansers, toners, and eye make remover, just pack your micellar water which does all three in one! C’est pratique!

• Amazing for combination skin — If you’re like me and have combination or sensitive skin, this product is so right for us. Toners can be too strong for some people and really dry out the face. Instead you can use micellar water just as you would a toner after cleansing for most of the same benefits.

• Quick and easy — If I’m in a rush, a bit lazy, or simply haven’t worn makeup on any given day, I often just cleanse with some Eau Fraîche Douceur and don’t even need to turn on the faucet!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites