…she's revealed some of her fashion week beauty essentials and survival tips…

Rendez-Vous with Peju Famojure: An Editor’s Paris Fashion Week Beauty Essentials

This week Paris is bustling with yet another fashion week jammed pack full of shows, presentations, and press events. In fact in Paris, fashion week isn’t just a week, it’s a full ten days! In my opinion, the fleet of fashion women managing to make it through in style are warriors. To give you some insight into how they do it and what Paris Fashion Week is really like for a woman in the business, I thought I would introduce you to editor, stylist, and street style star Peju Famojure. I gave her a few of my Lancôme beauty favorites to test out and she’s revealed some of her fashion week beauty essentials and survival tips…

Paris Rendezvous

Can you tell us a bit about you and what you do in the fashion industry and how it brought you to Paris?

I am a freelance fashion editor from New York that works between NYC and Paris now. I have worked with titles such as Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Interview and Elle where I research and curate the offerings in each market, and fashion week is when I get to see next season’s collections. From the trend pages to the fashion editorials, I get the chance to work with renowned fashion industry talents and travel the world. I was instantly seduced by Paris. From the beauty of its architecture to the inspiring exhibitions, it left me in awe. Of course, as a fashion capital I had always wanted to experience what it’s like to live and work here and when I got the opportunity a few years ago I knew I had to take it.

What are a few of your fashion week beauty essentials?

I try to spoil my skin at night with a luxurious serum and sometimes even during the day for an extra moisture boost. My signature cat eye is my go-to look and I like to use a very black eye liner. Artliner’s felt eyeliner in black is perfect for me. The Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Foundation Stick is great to brighten up the under eye area, and perfect for fashion week because it is made for those long days to give lasting but comfortable full coverage. I also really like the highlighting and strobing trend lately, especially that it universally looks great on women of all skin tones and so I’ve really enjoyed Le Duo Stick.

Do you have a favorite spot in Paris during fashion week, maybe for people watching or to escape the madness?

During fashion week I actually like to try to get home as much as possible! It's so nice to go to somewhere really cozy after long work days running around. But if I can't get home, you might find me at Cafe Castiglione. It's central to fashion week madness as it’s right on the rue Saint Honoré so not far from the shows in the Tuileries. And of course, it’s quintessentially French and has a great menu.

Can you give us some fashion week survival tips?

Fashion week always means late nights and early morning wakeup calls, so I always try to plan my outfits the night before to make the morning easier because I know the moment I head out of the house it’s going to be non-stop. I have found that drinking a glass with dissolved Berocca tablets before bed every night really helps too. That extra boost of Vitamin C and Zinc helps to fight off any killer colds you can catch. Also, it's often hard to find time between shows to get a bite to eat so keeping snacks on hand is essential.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites