Since love is in the air, most of all this week during Valentine's Day, I thought I would share with you my top picks for the most romantic places in Paris…

Le Saint-Valentin: Paris’s Most Romantic Places

It’s no secret that Paris is one of the most romantic places in the world. People come here from all over to get engaged, married, honeymoon, celebrate anniversaries, or even just with the hope to fall in love! I myself have fallen in love in Paris, a few times actually, but the city itself was perhaps the first great love of my life.

Paris Rendezvous

There are so many things that make the French capital romantic. Its beautiful architecture for starters. Then there are the sweeping views with lights sparkling on the horizon, quiet little corners perfect for stealing kisses, and benches in every café for couples to cozy up next to one another. Paris is pure poetry for lovers, and a picture perfect stage for lust or true love to play out.

Since love is in the air, most of all this week during Valentine’s Day, I thought I would share with you my top picks for the most romantic places in Paris...

Pont Alexandre III - This beautiful bridge in the west of Paris crosses over the river from the Grand Palais on the Right Bank to Les Invalides on the Left Bank. In addition to its incredibly beautiful design with gold accents and ornate light fixtures and statues, it offers gorgeous views of Paris in both directions so you can watch the sunrise over the Louvre to the east or the sunset behind the Eiffel Tower to the west. It seems to be the spot for photo ops for lovers, as you may have noticed many engagement and wedding photoshoots taking place here. It’s also where the final scene of “Midnight in Paris” takes place as Owen Wilson’s character comes across his crush, played by Léa Seydoux, on a rainy summer night.

Hotel Amour - The first thing you’ll notice about the hip Hotel Amour in the 9th arrondissement is its flickering red neon sign reading Amour (love) lighting up the tiny street where you’ll find it. Inside this beautiful hotel particulier converted to a small hotel, is the perfect little haven for lovers to retreat to for a quiet romantic lunch or late night drink. The red leather chairs and benches keep with the love theme, and the discrete staff will let you linger as long as you like flirting away the afternoon inside the café or on the beautiful terrace. The hotel upstairs is also a great place for lovers to stay on a romantic weekend getaway to Paris.

Musée de la Vie Romantique - For any true romantic, a visit to the Musée de la Vie Romantique cannot be missed. This charming little museum will transport you back in time to one of the most romantic eras in Parisian history. Its collection of art and original decor in the house have lived side by side with many of the greatest romantics to ever live, including poets, musicians, and painters who the original owner Ary Scheffer entertained here. Perhaps names like Frédéric Chopin, Charles Dickens, and George Sand might ring a bell! The little tea house and its garden are the perfect place for a sweet little date in spring.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites