...making Paris even brighter this time of year.

One Enchanted Stroll — A Christmas Walk Through Paris

This is my ninth holiday season in Paris, so I can tell you with confidence that here, it’s easy to get in the holiday spirit. The lights have been up for weeks now and everyone is counting the days until Christmas on their advent calendars, filling the streets and shops more than usual to get the perfect Christmas gift for everyone on their list. I got to mine early this year, for once, thanks to Lancôme who made it easy to shop for the ladies in my life with their custom engraved fragrances and a few special sparkling items from this year’s holiday collection.

Paris Rendezvous

And after this near decade of life in France, I’ve settled in quite well to my little Christmas traditions, like my annual Christmas stroll to enjoy the holiday decorations. Another one of my traditions? To share this walk with you each year. So bundle up and join me for a little stroll outside to visit the the holidays of lights making Paris even brighter this time of year.

When it comes to holiday decorations, there is no doubt that the west side of town takes the prize. So let’s start our walk on the rue de Rivoli and grab a hot chocolate to-go from Angelina’s to enjoy along our stroll. A few doors down, the columns in front of the Hotel Meurice are wrapped in twinkle lights to line our way. A quick detour to the right and we’ll walk up the rue de Castiglione, where wreaths have been strung across the road hanging between the buildings and lighting up the sky. Just ahead at Place Vendôme the obelisk is circled in Christmas trees populating this beautiful place.

Up the street just behind the Opéra Garnier, we can’t forget to stop at the Grands Magasins to see their incredible window displays which are never more over-the-top than during the holidays! Children and adults alike line up in front of them, dazzled by the winter wonderlands in which their merchandisers have created to enchant us this year. My favorite no doubt is the fragrance display, featuring many of our Lancôme scents across a snowy countryside as toy trains circle with presents aboard.

As we make our way back down to Place de la Concorde we see the huge Paris Ferris Wheel sparkle and spin with riders taking in the lights of Paris from high in the sky. Across the way at the Hotel de Crillon, the staff has parked a vintage Citroën in front with it’s trunk filled with giant Christmas ornaments! As we stroll up the Champs Elysees lined in patriotic blue and red twinkle lights, we finally reach the chic Avenue Montaigne, each tree wrapped form head to toe in beautiful white lights that make almost look like it has snowed. As we peer past them to the end of the street we can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance with her spotlight faithfully turning about at the top to wish us a very merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites