Bring out the sparkle, the glitter, the fireworks!

How to Elevate Your New Year’s Eve Look!

New Year’s Eve is the ultimate annual excuse to dress up, don’t you think? Bring out the sparkle, the glitter, the fireworks! This year I’m entertaining friends from out of town and I wanted to show them the most glitzy side of Paris. The kind where champagne arrives with sparklers, no one is shocked if someone decides to dance on the table to live cabaret music, and when the clock strikes midnight to ring in 2019, we know we’re just getting started. A little extravagance never hurt anyone! In fact, I think I just might make that my motto for the coming year. And of course, I’ll need the perfect makeup to match!

Paris Rendezvous

A bold makeup look is the perfect way to elevate any outfit for an occasion. When I want to go all out with my look I instantly think of eyes. For night time and the New Year I dare to wear all the darkest shades I might otherwise shy away from. The Starlight Sparkle Eyeshadow Palette from Lancôme’s holiday collection has been serving me well all season to create eye popping party looks, like this one!

I’m inspired by all things night time and Paris for my New Year’s Eve look. I wanted to capture the beautiful blues and black of the Parisian night sky. I used the black matte shadow in my new favorite palette to create a smokey almond shape. Then blended in a bit of colour with the various blue tones in the palette on the lid and under eye. Up until this point, I like to leave the inner eye area bare to finish off the look with the lightest and most glitter shade in the palette, in this case a sparkly silver that really opens the eyes by applying it in the inner corners of the eyes.

To make the look extra bold (which I did of course!) I lined my waterline with black art liner pencil to deepen the look, and coated my lashes with heavy dose of Monsieur Big Waterproof to be sure it will last all night! The result is an ultra sultry and festive look perfect for New Year’s Eye, reminiscent of the moment the Eiffel Tower will sparkle at midnight as it always does, for the first time in 2019! Wishing you all a very extravagant New Year’s Eve and a happy new year!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites