It’s hard to say what time of year I love Paris the most, but I can tell you that a sunny and crisp autumn day strolling the city with my camera is hard to beat.

How to Warm Up Your Winter Makeup

It’s hard to say what time of year I love Paris the most, but I can tell you that a sunny and crisp autumn day strolling the city with my camera is hard to beat. Winter though can be tough, I admit. Especially for a California girl like me who grew up in the sunshine year round. But here on the edge of it, I must admit it does have it’s redeeming qualities. On good days the light can be golden and gentle, dancing on the sandstone buildings as it passes through the last of the leaves left on the trees, now golden too.

Paris Rendezvous

The other is that great excuse to cozy up. When the temperature drops we breakout the layers of plush sweaters for one, maybe even the hats and scarves by now. We switch from iced drinks to hot ones, mine often still to go as I love to stroll and make the most of these crisp shorter days before the coldest-of-days arrive. But when it comes to makeup, it seems to be the exception. As the colder months come around, we tend to switch to darker and cooler shades and I wonder why it has to be that way.

Personally this year, like my bright, cheery, and cozy sweater, or a warm café crème from my favorite coffee shop in the Palais Royal, I’ll take my makeup warmer too. I think in autumn and winter there is something soft and chic about wearing warm tones and a touch of color to your look, especially for day time looks. Bronze, gold, burnt orange and auburn — these are the colours that surround us right now and give us all that cozy feel.

So, I’ve picked a few of my Lancôme favorites from my makeup drawer I’ve been loving warming up my look this winter to share with you too. Break out a bright sweater, order up your favorite hot drink, and give them a try too…

Dual Finish Highlighter in Radiant Rose Gold & Dazzling BronzeThe soft light right now is so majestic cast over Paris this time of year when the sun hangs lower in the sky. As a photographer it makes for beautiful portrait shots with mix of light and shadows, and I love the idea of capturing this effect in your makeup look. The Dual Finish Highlighters are my absolute favorites, and just because summer is gone doesn’t mean we have to lose a gorgeous glow. Right now I love swapping in Radiant Rose Gold for a blush, and adding Dazzling Bronze for a bit of contouring.The result is a rich dewy look that will never look dull.

Matte Shakers in Magic Orange & NudevotionAlong with some very sultry and dark shades, Lancôme has released some new creamy and warm tones too that my girlfriends have been constantly complimenting me on as of late. I’ve been loving Magic Orange and Nudevotion. For daytime their perfect as a light lip stain, and at night layered for bolder more matte long lasting color.

Le Stylo Waterproof in Bronze Folie & Bronze RicheA warm smokey eye is a fuss free way to make your makeup a bit bolder and right now I’m loving all the rich brown tones of Le Stylo Waterproof, like Bronze Folie and Bronze Riche. Simply line your upper lid and taper off in a small wing, then smudge it out with the sponge tip to soften the edge.

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites