Halloween is nearly here and the it’s the spookiest season of all!

Boo-tiful Costumes for a Chic Halloween!

Halloween is nearly here and the it’s the spookiest season of all! I must admit, I tend to miss the Unites States at this time of year. I love all of the traditions around Halloween back home — the trick or treating, the pumpkin patches, and of course the ghoulish decorations on the houses. But I have made some traditions of my own here in France around Halloween, mainly my annual Halloween costumes I dream up to share with you all here!

Paris Rendezvous

Dressing up is half the fun of Halloween, and as per my tradition, I’ve created three French inspired disguises for you to try. My aim as always is to bring you ideas that are easy, affordable and chic! And of course, all created with Lancôme favorites we might already have in our makeup drawer.

French Maid — The French maid is such an icon, conjuring up images of pinups in uniform, easily achieved with a black dress and white apron from your closet perfectly paired with a top knot or French twist. For the makeup, Monsieur Big Mascara and Art Liner in Noir give luscious lashes and classic cat eye that are ultra flirtatious just like the cliché! Le Teint Macaron for a bold blush implies a bit of cheekiness, and for her lips L'Absolu Lacquer Gloss in Rise and Shine will last through her long work hours and leave her lips as shiny as the silverware she’s polished!

Fortune Teller — If you love a bit of darkness and mystery then this is the costume for you. Fortune tellers are all about the eyes as they look into the future and deep into our souls. I used the Proenza Schouler for Lancôme Eye Kajal to achieve the extra dark eyes, blending it with Color Design in Midnight Stone to add some iridescence and a nod to fortune tellers’ supernatural crystals. Lastly to add even more drama, I used L'Absolu Rouge Drama Matte in Purple Temptation to create hypnotic lips!

Jour et Nuit — Magazines are always talking about taking our makeup from day to night, so I thought I would put my own twist on this idea for Halloween and literally create a Jour et Nuit look. To achieve the daytime side, I used Monsieur Big Color Lash Top Coat in Gold on the lashes and brows, and Color Design in Daylight and Golden Amande all over the eyes and cheeks. And for night, the Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Midnight Rush gave me all the blues and metallics I needed to create the night sky. All that’s left to add are a few star stickers and L'Absolu Gold Lacquer Gloss in Gold For it for an iridescent lip to go with both day and night!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites