Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of these articles going around the internet.

Bird’s Eye View — Paris’s Best Lookout Spots

Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of these articles going around the internet. You know…the ones that tell you where the most instagrammable spots are. That’s one way to see a place. But to really see a place, I think they’ve got it backwards. While the saying goes that a picture is worth a thousand words, I’ve found that when you let go of the camera and live in the moment, when you experience life in 4D…well that is enough to leave you speechless. At least in Paris it is…

Paris Rendezvous

But I do see how such guides and lists can be useful. After all, research is the best way to make a trip anywhere great. So I thought instead of sharing my list of the most instagrammable spots in Paris, I thought that I would share the city’s best lookouts to take in a sweeping view of the French capital. Should you find yourself there, I hope you will stop and look with your eyes first, take a deep breath, and just take it all in. But, I certainly won’t blame you if you feel the need to capture it with your camera too…

L’Arc de Triumphe — The hike up the stairs of this very famous monument is well worth it once you see the view at the top. From here you’ll feel as if you could reach out and touch the Eiffel Tower!

Centre Pompidou — Take the elevator to the top floor of the Centre Pompidou in the Beaubourg area to take a wonderful westward view over the city. You can even enjoy the sights over a flute of champagne from the very chic Georges restaurant you’ll find there.

Sacre Coeur — Atop the hill of Montmartre, the Sacre Couer can be seen from almost everywhere in Paris, which means it also offers amazing views over the city. The trip up is well worth it to look back down.

Eiffel Tower — The most famous spot in all of Paris for a great view will take you 80 stories highin the sky. The view from the Eiffel Tower offers more than just 360 degree sights of Paris though, you can see well into the suburbs and on a clear day all the way to the countryside!

Montparnasse Tower — And while the greatest advantage of looking out from it might be not having to look at it, the view of Paris from the Panoramic Observation Deck on the 59th floor is often called the most beautiful in all of Paris.

Musée d’Orsay — Come for the art, but stay for the view! The top floor of the beautiful Musée d’Orsay offers amazing views from east to west on the Seine River and a picture perfect perspective of the Parisian skyline.

Paris des Buttes Chaumont — In the center of this large park on the east side of Paris, you’ll find a beautiful lookout spot offering sweeping views of the city. In the summer the very busy park is open 24 hours, so as a pro tip, go at sunrise to take in the view in solitude.

Grande Roue de Paris — If you’re not afraid of heights take a trip up this iconic ferris wheel at Place de la Concorde for spectacular 360 views around Paris from the heart of the city!

Added to your Favorites
Favorites confirmation

The product was added to favorites

Go to Favorites