Last Tuesday morning as I was having my coffee on another grey Paris day, I looked outside and
saw snowflakes starting to fall. As we only get a few each year, the first is always exciting for us
Parisians. It lifts the sometimes gloomy winter mood and just like that we’re all kids again,
marvelling at the winter as the snow falls. I am not exception.
The more brave of us, like myself, even bundle up to head outside and enjoy the sight of the city
covered in white. As a California girl who never had a white winter growing up, snow is especially
exciting for me now that I live in Paris where we truly experience the four seasons.
If you find yourself here in the French capital when it snows, you might be wondering what to do.
So I gathered a few ideas for you here for a snowy rendezvous in the city. Whether you prefer to
stay warm inside or venture out, I think you’ll find Paris is wonderful with a bit of winter snow…
HOW TO SPEND A SNOW DAY IN PARIS
• Cozy up inside and enjoy the snowflakes falling out the window while you pamper yourself with
one of my favorite Lancôme masks. Thirsty winter skin will love the hydration from the
Advanced Génifique Hydrogel Melting Sheet Mask, or all the perks of the new Rénergie Lift
Multi Action Firming Mask which I’ll tell you more about next week!
• Get inspired by the weather with your makeup and create a frosty look with a few of my winter
favorites paired together like pale and shimmery Day & Night shade of L’Absolu Rouge by
Camila Coelho, and Color Design shadow for your lids in a silvery shade called Optic. You’ll look
like a beautiful ice queen when you finally make it outside!
• Grab your camera and head up to the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre for a view over all of Paris
and admire the city blanketed in snow. Then take a stroll around this incredible village atop the
hill to snap some beautiful pictures of the winter wonderland!
• Bundle up and take a stroll in the Tuileries gardens to see the frozen ponds and ferris wheel
before heading inside to the nearby Angelina’s to warm up with one of their famously decadent
• Head to the Louvre and take your sweet time getting lost in Paris’s largest and most famous
museum, stopping from time to time to admire the beautiful scenes of Paris in the snow out the
windows of this 16th century palace of course!