Your Lancôme shopping bag is empty. Shop now to find your favorite Lancôme Products.
With this epic eyeshadow set and a beautiful french foulard, there are no limits to how you can reinvent your everyday look…
French Foulards: Master the Art of the Scarf
Posted on: 9/13/15
Oh the French and their scarves! Is anything more cliché? But like many of the best clichés about them, this one is true. Paris is the perfect place to study the art of the scarf. Throughout her life, the Parisian woman will collect any number of beautiful silk scarves from the major French fashion houses, and most likely she will pass them on to her daughters. These little silk squares they call their foulards can be reinvented in a seemingly unlimited numbers of ways to add style to any outfit. Here are some of my favorites…
FIVE WAYS TO WEAR A SCARF LIKE THE FRENCH
1. The headband — Whether it’s a bad hair day or your looking to add an extra oomph to your outfit, this is the perfect way to make your hair instantly sleek and chic. Lay your scarf flat and fold it inward until it’s a long band about two inches wide. Tie it around the crown of your head and under your hair for a sophisticated look, or on top of your head in a bow for a cute and casual style.
2. The belt — Folding your scarf the same way as you would for the headband, simply wrap it around your true waist and tie it in a simple knot. This is the perfect way to accentuate your waist line, give shape to loose fitting clothes, or jazz up an otherwise boring look.
3. The necktie — Tying a beautiful silk scarf around your neck is the French way to dress up a plain tee shirt and jeans, make a deep cut blouse more modest, or simply stay warmer in the autumn. Gather your scarf at each end in each of your hands. Fold it in half and wrap it around your neck, pulling the ends through the loop and synching it to fasten it.
4. The capelette — Fold your square scarf in half to make a triangle. The, drape it over your shoulders and tie it in a double knot in the front. This is a chic way to show of the print of your favorite scarf, cover your shoulders to keep warm, or change up your favorite outfit.
5. The bag bow — If you want to bring a bit of color to your outfit, or coordinate your accessories, tie one of your favorite scarves in a cute bow to an otherwise basic tote. This is also a great way to help keep larger bags closed when you are out and about in the city. So has the scarf met its makeup match? I think so. Lancôme’s new release, Auda[city], let’s you create a vast array of looks from just one palette thanks to the ultimate range of colors inside. With this epic eyeshadow set and a beautiful French foulard, there are no limits to how you can reinvent your everyday look…